Myolaimidae Andrassy, 1958
Morphology and Anatomy:
- Cuticle smooth
- Head continuous with body contour
- Amphid apertures large, postlabial
- Stoma wide, with teeth
- Esophagus with a narrower isthmus and terminal bulb
- Female monovarial, prodelphic, ovary reflexed
- Male without spicules or gubernaculum (a very unusual feature)
- Male with bursa supported by rays or papillae.
- Tails of sexes dissimilar
Taxonomic postion of Myolaimidae is uncertain; has features or Rhabditina,
Cepalobina and Diplgaterina; De Ley and Blaxter (2004) placed in the ssuborder
Myolaimina of the Rhabditida
Small family with a single genus, Myolaimus Cobb, 1920 (as of 2017).
Andrassy, I. 2005. Free-living
nematodes of Hungary Vol I. Hungarian Natural History Museum.
De Ley, P. and Blaxter. M. 2004. A new system
for Nematoda: combining morphological characters with molecular trees, and
translating clades into ranks and taxa. Nematology Monographs and Perspectives, 2004:
Return to Myolaimidae menu
Return to Rhabditida menu