- Family accommodates a single genus,
Domorganus and is considered of
uncertain taxonomic status.
- Some species of this single genus has been reported as endosymbionts of
- Cuticle striated.
- Stoma cylindrical.
- Unispiral amphids.
- Esophagus with median and basal swellings bulbs.
- Cardia beween esophagusand intestine.
- Excretory pore located posterior to cardia.
- Female didelphic, amphidelphic
- Male diorchic and with a single prcloacal papilla
Holovachov, O. and DeLey, P. 2006. Order Plectida. In Eyualem-Abebe, Andrassy,
I. and Traunspurger, W. Freshwater Nematodes, Ecology and Taxonomy. CABI
Want more information about nematodes?
Go to Nemaplex Main Menu.