- Body cylindroid, tapering anteriorly and posterior to the anus.
- Conspicuous annulations in the anterior and mid-body,
reducing in width on the tail.
- Lateral field with one incisure starting posterior to the lip
region and ending almost 10 annuli from tail terminus
- Head rounded, set off from the body by a deep constriction
with 8-9 annuli, divided into 4 sectors by longitudinal grooves. ,
- Labial disc with hexagonal shape surrounded by cuticular ring
with irregular border.
- Stylet long with the dorsal knob slight projecting anteriorly
and subventral knobs rounded.
- Metacorpus round, isthmus short.
- Esophageal glands overlapping dorso-ventrally, 45-60 ï¿½m long.
- Hemizonid located 3 or 4 annuli anterior to the excretory pore.
- Phasmids 17-35 ï¿½m from the anus.
- Didelphic amphidelphic; ovaries outstretched, spermathecae well
developed, containing sperm.
- Vagina without sclerotized pieces and vulval lips not
- Tail hemispherical with crenate terminus.
- Monorchic, testis outstretched but occasionally with flexure.
- Spicules slightly curved, distal end pointed;
- Gubernaculum well developed with anterior flexure and acute
- Bursa peloderan, enveloping the tail.
- Phasmids 16-30 ï¿½m from the anus.
Reported median body size for this species (Length mm; width micrometers; weight micrograms) - Click:
Cid Del Prado Vera, I. & Subbotin, S.A. 2012. Belonolaimus maluceroi sp. n.
(Tylenchida: Belonolaimidae) from a tropical forest in Mexico and key to the
species of Belonolaimus. Nematropica 42: 201-210.
Cid Del Prado Vero I. & Subbotin, S.A. 2013. Sting nematode Belonolaimus
maluceroi (Tylenchida: Belonolaimidae) from Mexico [Belonolaimus maluceroi
(Tylenchida: Belonolaimidae) de Mexico. Nematropica 43