- Chromadoridae Filipjev,
A family of free-living marine nematodes with abundant genera and species.
- Cuticle with complex ornamentation, including punctations, especially in lateral field areas.
- Six outer labial and four cephalic setae may be in a single circle
- Amphid apertures spiral or oval to slit-like. located posterior to
visible on fresh specimens
- Stoma funnel-shaped with a large dorsal tooth and with or without
dentyicles or two smaller subventral teeth.
- Esophagus usually with posterior bulb.
- Females diovarial.
- Males diorchic with small pre-anal ventromedian supplements;
gubernaculum with hammer-shaped or L-shaped lateral pieces.
- Tail conoid with spinneret.
- Mainly marine nematodes.
||Photographs by Ashleigh Smythe,
Subfamilies of Chromadoridae:
Andrássy, I. 2005. Free-living Nematodes of Hungary
I. Hungarian Natural History Museum.
Tchesunov, A.V. 2013. 7.12 Order Chromadorida Chitwood, 1933. In Schmidt-Rheas and de Gruyter,
W. Handbook of Zoology.Gastrocticha, Cycloneuralia, Gnatifera. Volume 2: